Social Media has proven to be a powerful platform for non-profits to raise awareness and funds. Facebook recently added a new call to action button called “Donate Now” so your fans can easily join in to support your organization. A couple years ago we created a way for non-profits to accept donations directly on their Facebook page via a tab. Now I will walk through how to set this up with the “Call to Action” button.
- If you already have donations on your 12engines website go to the next step. If you don’t already have a website on 12engines create one, install the donations app and follow the directions to finalize your setup.
- Go to your Facebook page and then click on the “Donate” tab that was created by 12engines.
- Copy the URL in your browser. It should look something like this. https://www.facebook.com/yourpagename/app_254187357933130
- Click the “Create a Call to Action” button on your Facebook page. Then click “Donate Now” and paste the URL you copied in step 3.
- Click Create and you are done!
Looking forward to measure how this button increases donations on our websites.